CASTROL Rustilo DWX 30
Dewatering corrosion preventive
Rustilo DWX 30 rapidly removes water from components subsequent to electroplating processes, after machining using soluble cutting fluids, or parts that have been washed. The very thin residual film provides effective medium term protection against corrosion during intermediate storage or transportation. Rustilo DWX 30 can also be used as a lubricant for mild press working, where corrosion protection without further treatment is required. Although Rustilo DWX 30 can be applied by brushing or spraying, its dewatering action is most effective if the articles to be protected can be immersed in a dip tank.
Performance, Features & Benefits of CASTROL Rustilo DWX 30 are:
- Excellent water displacing and penetrating properties – can be used for displacing water from the most intricate assemblies with shorter-than-usual dipping times.
- Forms an ultra-thin, even film, which does not interfere with air gauge or light refractory measuring equipment; therefore it need not be removed from components subject to inspection
- Effectively suppresses fingerprint corrosion on bright steel and finely finished metal components during Manufacture.
- High stability against acidic and alkaline contaminations enables long bath – lifetimes
- Low drying time guarantees high productivity level.
- Economical in application through large film coverage.
Product Description CASTROL Rustilo DWX 30
Castrol Rustilo™ DWX 30 is a powerful solvent deposited corrosion preventive with excellent dewatering properties. The solvent, after evaporation, leaves an ultra-thin greasy protective film.
|Product specifications :
|CASTROL Rustilo DWX 30
|Light Brown Liquid
|Density @ 15 °C kg/m
|ASTM D 4052
|Flash Point °C
|Ultra thin, greasy
|Total Film Forming Content %
|Film Thickness µm
|0.6 – 1.0
|Consumption kg/100 m
|0.8 – 1.2
|Corrosion Protection month
|8 – 12
|Corrosion Protection month
|3 – 6
|Drying time @ 20 °C minutes
The claims on film thickness and consumption are average values. These are valid for smooth surfaces with good drain-off characteristics and simple geometries without holes or recesses. “Indoor storage” describes the storage of ferrous components in closed store-rooms having a relative humidity of 60%. Increased protection times could be achieved when treating finished surfaces or store the parts in a sealed pack. “Outdoor storage” describes open storage, which assumes primary protection from the elements by tarpaulin or other form of cover. Influence of temperature may cause some cloudiness, which is reversible and doesn’t have an impact on product quality. If required protective films of Rustilo DWX 30 can easily be removed by using a petroleum solvent or alkaline process cleaner, all available from Castrol.
Rolls-Royce CSS 122