Shell Omala S2 GX 320 (formerly Omala S2 G 320 & Omala F 320)
Industrial Gearbox Oils Iso VG 320
Main uses of Shell Omala S2 GX 320 are:
- + Industrial gear transmissions with closed sump
- + Heavily loaded systems with oil lubrication and circulation systems
- + Non-gear related applications (roller bearings and other (steel on steel) parts with splash or forced circulation systems).
Shell Omala S2 GX 320 is a thick, high-quality extreme-pressure EP gear oil designed primarily for heavily loaded industrial transmissions. Think of Gearboxes, Reductors and Worm wheels that are not suitable for PAGs.
Shell Omala S2 GX 320 Main Applications
- Enclosed industrial gear systems Shell Omala S2 GX 320 technology provides an effective extreme pressure (EP) formulation designed specifically for enclosed industrial gearboxes using steel-on-steel, spur, helical, or planetary gear drives, including highly loaded systems with splash or forced circulation systems. Shell Omala S2 GX 320 oils are also suitable for the lubrication of non-geared applications, that include bearings and other steel-on-steel components with splash or forced circulation systems.
Other applications Shell offers a wide range of products for other gear applications that have their own specific requirements.
- Shell Omala S4 GXV is recommended for gear systems where a synthetic lubricant is specified, when the longest lifespan is required, or when operating in environments that experience large temperature variations.
- Shell Omala S5 Wind 320 is recommended for wind turbine main gear drives.
- Shell Omala S4 WE, Shell Morlina S4 B and Shell Omala S1 W are recommended for worm-wheel drives.
- For automotive gear applications, the appropriate Shell Spirax Oil should be used.
For geared systems, or other applications that employ a filtration unit finer than 5 microns, please consult us before using Shell Omala S2 GX 320.
Shell Omala S2 GX 320 Performance, Features & Benefits:
- + Long oil life through oxidation stability and resistance to thermal stress – leading to reduced total cost of ownership
- + Excellent wear and micropitting protection
- + Gear system efficiency is maintained by optimized water separation performance, corrosion and foam control